We've tested many types of sound damping materials in the past, but have generally found that they made little difference to PC noise, in addition to them being awkward to install, of questionable safety rating, or even quite malodorous!
Eventually we found these kits from Acousti Products and what a difference! They are incredibly effective, easy to use, fire retardant and even smell nice.
Acoustic Damping Materials for Ultimate Noise Reduction!
The noise from your computer can be broadly classified into two types - mid-to-high frequency "airborne" noise from items such as fans and hard drives, and lower frequency "structure-borne" noise originating from the same devices, but amplified by the case. Most acoustic matting materials are not effective because they only address one of the two types of noise. Our products are effective because they provide a solution to both airborne and structure-borne noise, effectively absorbing higher frequencies, and reducing case amplification effects.
- Easy to cut & simple to install in a PC case
- Generous acoustic material sizes - easily enough for a full tower case
- Self-adhesive backing for fast, no-fuss installation
- No strong odour or smell even when warm
- Acoustic design addresses both airborne and vibrational PC noise
- Non-flammable - can be mounted close to warm components
- A range of different material thicknesses to suit all cases