Intel Socket 478 Quiet CPU Coolers
Socket 478 has been around since 2000 and gave us some great processors; in fact the first dual core processor was designed for socket 478. Just like LGA775, CPU heat generation can vary with this socket. Due to its age, most new CPU coolers that are released no longer support this socket, so cooler choice is reduced.
As always, if you are still unsure which CPU cooler is right for you, please read our article “How do I choose a CPU cooler?" and remember to check the TDP, (i.e. its maximum heat output measured in watts) of your CPU to aid identifying a suitable cooler.
- Low profile - ideal for media PCs
- Very quiet 4-pin PWM fan, from only 10.5dBA
- Intel and AMD compatible - all in one solution
- Three oval-shaped heatpipes for quick heat transfer
- Compatible with most Intel and AMD sockets